First thing upon waking up drink a 16.9 oz. bottle of water (or approximately 2 cups worth).
*I always recommend eating breakfast (meal 1) within 30 minutes of waking up.
Meal 1 – 1 Butterfinger Protein Shake (approx. 275 calories)
Butterfinger Protein Shake Recipe, Servings 1
• 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder (if using chocolate you can omit the sugar-free, fat-free pudding mix)
• 1 Tablespoon Sugar Free/Fat Free Butterscotch Pudding Mix (found in the baking section)
• 1 Tablespoon Sugar Free/Fat Free Chocolate Pudding Mix (omit if you used a chocolate protein powder)
• 1 Tablespoon Natural Peanut Butter
• 1 Large Handful of Spinach
• 1/4 teaspoon Xanthum Gum (optional- this is used to thicken the shake, found in the baking section)
• 2 – 3 cups ice (varies based on the consistency you want)
Directions: Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend and enjoy!
Meal 2 - (Approx. 3 hours later, Approx. Calories 215) –3 Tablespoons of Hummus (to use as dip for your veggies in this snack, approx. 105 calories) 5-6 mini bell peppers (approx. 50 calories), 2 handfuls of sugar snap peas (approx. 60 calories)
Meal 3 - (Approx. 3 hours later, Approx. 400-450 calories) – 1 serving of Cilantro Chicken (approx. 1 ½ cups worth) and 1 ½ cups of Baked Brussel Sprouts with Bacon on the side (or non-starchy vegetable of your choice if you want to substitute).
Meal 4 - (Approx. 3 hours later, Approx. 190 calories) –1 handful (1/2 cup) of raspberries (approx. 25-30 calories), 1 handful of cashews (approx. 160 calories).
Meal 5 - (Approx. 3 hours later, Approx. 400-450 calories) – 1 serving of Cilantro Chicken (approx. 1 ½ cups worth) and 1 ½ cups of Baked Brussel Sprouts with Bacon on the side (or non-starchy vegetable of your choice if you want to substitute).
Meal 6 (Your Pre and Post Workout Meal, Approx. 100-125 calories) – You only consume this on the days that you workout. If you skip a workout you skip this meal. Use 1 scoop of your protein powder and mix with recommended water (should say on the protein bottle how much water to shake it up with), drink 1/3 of the shake 30 min-1 hour pre workout (regardless of if you workout in the morning or at night) and then the remaining 2/3rds of the shake immediately following the workout.
***If you are a MAN or woman that is pregnant or breastfeeding you’ll want to add in approximately 300 calories to your meal plan daily. See suggestions listed previously.