Banana Bread Blondies, Servings: 16 Approx. 75-80 calories per bar
*I found this recipe on an IG account I follow called Karina Liberation and made a couple small alterations (in notes below) Original Recipe: http://liberation2karina.wordpress.com
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 can chick peas (1 1/2 cups drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter (sub with pb2 if you like)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons honey (I used 1 Tablespoon Raw honey only when I altered this recipe and it turned out good)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sweetener/raw sugar (I used Xylitol which is a natural sugar alternative)
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (I used Amberlyn Sugar Free Chocolates (half milk and half white chocolate)
Directions: Preheat oven 200C | 390F. Spray a 9x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray and put aside. Throw ALL ingredients (except chocolate chips) into a food processor (or I used a powerful blender) and blend until smooth. Fold half the chocolate chips into the batter.
Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top of bars. Bake for approx 20 minutes (depending on your oven) until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. They are VERY moist when taken out, but they will set and firm as they cool! Don't over cook these - or they will become dry. Once cooled, gently cut into 16 bars.